The nursery takes its commitment to Safeguard and promote the Welfare of Children and Young People very seriously and expect all staff to do the same.
We aim to ensure that all people working with children are suitable to do so and we are therefore extremely vigilant when recruiting new staff to join our team.
We advertise only in reputable newspapers
Shortlisted applicants will be invited to attend face to face interview
During the interview applicants will be asked to prove
- Their identity (passport, EU identity card or photo card driving licence)
- Relevant qualification (certificate)
- Eligibility to work in the UK
- Their criminal history (CRB, DBS). Applicants who have been living in the UK less than 5 years will be asked to present Certificate of Good Conduct from the country they had been live prior to their entry in the UK.
- Two checkable references. The references will be checked before final decision has been made.
- Detailed enquiries will be made regarding any gaps in their employment.
- Each applicant will receive communication from the nursery stating whether they have been successful or not.
The successful candidate will be informed that their job offer is confidential dependant on the returned of Enhanced Criminal Record obtained trough Capita Recruitment and Ofsted Suitability Check.
New members of staff will undergo an induction period/about 8 weeks/ during this time they will read and discuss the nursery policies and will be introduced to the way in which the nursery operates. Their work ethic and performance will also be monitored very closely during this period and their employment may be reconsidered.
All staff attends an annual ‘ongoing suitability interview’ and are responsible for notifying the manager, in person, if any circumstances arise that may affect their suitability to work with children. This includes any health concern or incidents that may occurred outside the nursery. Staff will face disciplinary action if they fail to notify the manager within a reasonable time scale.
All staff makes a self declaration to provide the relevant information about the person who lives or works in the same household as them
This policy/procedure was checked, reviewed and updated in January 2016.