POLICY ON RACIAL AND SEXUAL HARASSMENT
I do believe every member of staff and service user / parents and children / has the right to work and live free from the threat of racial and sexual discrimination. Occurrences of racial or sexual discrimination, harassment or abuse will not be tolerated and perpetrators will be subject disciplinary procedure.
Aim of the policy
This policy is intended to set out the values, principles and policies underpinning my approach to racial/sexual harassment. My aim is to ensure that the staff, children and parents can live and work free from the fear of racial/sexual harassment.
The goals are to:
- Prevent any incidence of racial and sexual harassment
- Ensure that all the staff is aware of their own behaviour and of the effect of their behaviour can have on others.
All people working in the premises:
– Have the right to work in a workplace free from harassment
– Have the right to be protected from racial and sexual harassment
– Have the right to complain of racial or sexual harassment
– Have the right to be free from false allegations of racial and sexual harassment
All employees found responsible of sexual harassment, sexual abuse, sexual discrimination or racial abuse in the workplace, whether directed at other staff, children or parents, will be disciplined or dismissed.
All contracts with parents found responsible of racial or sexual harassment will be terminated without any notice.
If a child is found responsible of racial or sexual harassment, I will follow the safeguarding children procedure.
Racial Harassment may include:
– Abusive comments about racial origins or skin colour
– Racist insults and jokes
– Ridicule of an individual on cultural and/or religious grounds
Sexual harassment may include:
– Comments about physical features.
– Inappropriate physical contacts.
– Lewd or suggestive comments
Legal Consideration and Statutory Guidance
The following apply to workplace harassment:
Race Relation Act 1976
Protection from Harassment Act
Sex discrimination Act 1975
This policy was reviewed on 18/01/2016